Business And Corporate Practice
During the firm’s lifetime, Hoeppner Wagner & Evans LLP business and corporate attorneys have counseled a wide variety of privately and publicly held corporations, family businesses and entrepreneurs on legal issues related to formation, daily operations, sales and marketing matters (including e-commerce) and dissolutions.
The firm’s menu of quality legal services for businesses in Indiana, Illinois and nationally includes:
- Business startups and entity formations strategies with taxation and business growth in mind; drafting and filing of appropriate documentation; oversight for maintenance of company records and registrations; creation of new business lines or ventures
- Company counsel services for private and family-owned businesses in the U.S. and abroad, serving multiple business segments, including manufacturing and construction industries, and private educational institutions
- Acquisitions and sales, including creation of and negotiations for asset purchases, stock purchase agreements and like-kind exchanges
- Banking and financing representation for borrowers and lenders in business acquisitions, sales, lines of credit, loan matters, guidance for federally funded Small Business Administration (SBA) loans, general corporate counseling and issue-specific projects and preparation of documents for commercial loans in the $4-20 million range
- E-commerce services addressing a range of contract, tax, licensing and litigation matters
- Bankruptcy and workouts representation for financial institutions and major creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy filings; for banking institutions in mortgage foreclosure matters, and refinancing
- Mediation, arbitration, negotiation and litigation of disputes between and within companies, including partnership and shareholder disputes
From offices in Valparaiso and Merrillville, Hoeppner Wagner & Evans LLP lawyers serve a thriving business and corporate clientele in Indiana, Illinois and nationwide.