Todd A. Leeth | Attorney Biography
Todd A. Leeth
Fax (219) 465-0603
Mr. Leeth is a 1982 graduate of Indiana University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a 1988 graduate of Valparaiso University School of Law. Mr. Leeth chairs the Real Estate and Land Use Segment within the firm. He utilizes a team approach to manage client engagements with the active participation of associate attorneys and paralegal support where appropriate. The team approach also includes other disciplines such as professional engineers, architects and other consultants.
Mr. Leeth's real estate practice covers all types of transactions, including purchase, sale and leasing. Mr. Leeth has represented a national discount grocer since 1990 in over 125 transactions including shopping center leases, ground leases, build to suit in addition to more traditional purchase and sale contracts.
Mr. Leeth's land use practice is currently exclusively representing private property owners and businesses in all zoning and permit matters in most Northwest Indiana communities. These matters include:
Significant land use cases handled include:
- 504 acre Planned Unit Development in rural Porter County. (1998-2001)
- A controversial sanitary landfill proposal for southern Porter County. (2002)
- A mixed use development including 1450 homes in St. John, Indiana. (2005-2010)
- A 100+ acre multi-use development immediately adjacent to the new Porter Regional Hospital. (2010-2012)
- A 228 acre parcel residential subdivision. (2011)
- Obtained favorable court ruling reversing denial of electronic LED billboard for national sign company. (2011)
- Secured administrative action reversing denial of solar generating facility variance allowing project to proceed without significant litigation costs. (2012).
- 150 Acre Planned Unit Development with Business Park and Multi-Family Community annexed to City of Valparaiso (2013).
Each year Mr. Leeth represents dozens of property owners on small zoning matters for their homes as well as larger projects and developments and new businesses locating to Northwest Indiana.
Mr. Leeth has previously represented the Town of Lowell and the Town of Kouts.
Mr. Leeth resides in Valparaiso with his wife, Cheryl. They have two sons, Andrew who lives and works in Indianapolis, and Tyler is a student at Indiana University. He enjoys golf and during the midwest winters, watching college basketball.
- J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law, 1988
- B.A., Indiana University, 1982
- Indiana, 1988
- Indiana State Bar Association - Immediate Past Chair, Land Use & Zoning Section
- Porter County Bar Association
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Foundation (ICLEF) - Board Member
- Home Builder's Association of Northwest Indiana - Former Member, Board of Directors
- Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association
- The First Tee of Valparaiso - President, Board of Directors
- United Way of Porter County - Member, Board of Directors
- Valparaiso Country Club - Member, Board of Directors
- Salvation Army of Porter County - Past President, Advisory Board
- Leadership Northwest Indiana - Participant and former Member, Board of Directors